Thursday 17 May 2012

Pin It

Widgets

[Review] Mavin - Solar Plexus

MA'VIN
ALBUM: SOLAR PLEXUS
LABEL: MAVIN RECORDS
RELEASE DATE: 5/7/2012
KWARAMUSIC EDITOR'S RATING: 6/10



Intro :  4/10
I decided to rate the intro because that’s the 1st thing we are hearing from IDJA and it was not as dramatic or “Ghen Ghen” as I expected. Using Tiwa Savage’s voice def did not do it for me.

Amarachi - DPrince:  5/10 
This song definately does not do anything for me. I have heard Igbo themed songs; The beat is below average and not the best from IDJA. I listened to this track 2ce trying to find something nice to write about it but I came up blank.

Take Banana - DPrince:  7/10 

It’s funny every1 seems not to like this song but for some weird reason I like it. The song has no message but its catchy and I see people acting a fool to this song on the dance floor. This is a 7 in my books.

Why you over there:  2/10  
This is the WORST song on the album, all he said in the song is “why you over there looking at me, back up all I wanna see is your yansh”. I had to listen to all the other songs before i came to conclusion that this is the worst song. I think the song would have been better if all he said for 3:24 was just the hook, his verses were so poorly written and even “worsely” delivered.

Pretty Girls Wande Coal: 8/10

I’ve always said Wande Coal is talented and he yet delivers once again on this track. The beat did not do the song justice but Wande Coal  sure made the song with his lyrics and the way he delivered. I gave this song an 8 not just because  its WC but he redeemed the song with his voice and deliverance, the beat was sure not meant for this song but he made it work. That’s REAL TALENT right there.

Chocolate Dr Sid: 5/10 
I really tried so hard to say something nice about this song but I really cant think of nothing. The beat is not the IDJA we all seem to have loved in the past. It seems forced.

See Me Ri Wande Coal: 6.5/10  

This song would have been better but it sounds like the beat over shadowed Wande Coal’s voice. The editing was poorly done, it sounds like it was rushed just so the song could make the album. Plus I feel Daniel Banjo would have done justice to that beat sha (sorry I mentioned him, I know he is not a MAVIN)

YOLO Dr Sid: 3/10
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???????????? SO SHEY NOLLYWOOD AND NAIJA MUSIC INDUSTRY DON DEY COMPETE NOW. THIS SONG DOES NOT MAKE SENSE, I LIKE THE BEAT THO, I ACTUALLY LIKE THE BEAT A LOT BUT THE SONG IS CRAPPPPPPP. Sorry I had to type that in caps, that’s how I felt bout the song.

Omaga Tiwa Savage :  8/10
I actually like this song, not as much as that Kele Kele song tho, The best song on the album no doubt, She made perfect love to the beat.


CPR Dr Sid: 5/10 
I cant find words to describe this song. These guys seem to be forcing it, Maybe Dr. Sid should head back to the Emergency Room. -___-

I am Mavin: 7/10 

The song started off right with WC singing the hook, Dprince’s part was filled with kindergarten rhymes. Tiwa Savage did just right here

Overall:
I respect and love Don Jazzy's work, he did not prove he was the Don Jazzy that made D'Banj who he is today.. I mean we have hits like: Suddenly, Fall In Love, Tongolo, Why Me, Close to You, Pere and many more.. I feel this was done in haste just to make people feel/know that he is still here. Don Jazzy is known for taking his time before  releasing a song even D'banj said it, but this Album has “RUSHED” all over it. In my opinion i think he shouldve just released a single featuring the Ma'vin solders i swear it would go a long way.. If you don't like or understand my review please \___ sleep!!! DOWNLOAD ALBUM HERE

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Speak up your mind
Tell us what you're thinking... !

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below...

Get This SpiceUpBlogging

IP