Wednesday 3 October 2012

Pin It

Widgets

5 TOP NIGERIAN ARTISTES AND THEIR CROSSES


Top 5 Nigerian Artistes & their crossess
Hey y’all. When I say crosses, I wish I was talking jewelry like them Jesus pieces but Mm hmmn, that’s not the case. So y’all know, like musicians all over the world, Nigerian artistes are always on the lips, in the eyes and minds of the general public (cutting across whatsoever demography); fans and haters alike.  Therefore, it’s no surprise really, that as soon as the public is done feeling; listening, watching etc, their works; music, they move on to ‘less creative’ issuesHehe.
I say ‘less creative’ for lack of a better word/phrase, sorry, but primarily because, these artistes usually have no hand in creating these things as they’ve done with what we know them for – their art. Believe it or not, na the same God create all of us, no matter how uniquely talented these artistes are. And for real mehn, these artistes that I’m going t be listing briefly are amongst the best in the Nigerian music industry. Hence, this begs the question…
“Why are these artistes not simply appreciated for their art but, also their private lives and other  “   ”?” Question is for y’all our beautiful readers (don’t hesitate to use the comment box below please.) So, here is our list, do enjoy.

1. 2FACE  + SEX LIFE
Thank God 2face’s engaged, maybe we can all finally face our fronts and mind our 2Face-Annie-MaCauleybusinesses. This dude is our most successful and important export from the Nigerian music scene, let’s not even talk about his impact in Africa and Nigeria. He gives the word BIG new meaning, as in, try counting the number of songs he has been on; his own and those he’s featured on to get a bit of what I’m saying. Yet, we know he’s got maybe, six kids from four mothers, not sure. First, it was his spoken English we were complaining about, Baba learnt from the Queen herself. Now, we onto the next one abi?

2. M.I.  + HEIGHT
I’m going to say two incredible things y’all know about M.I but haven’t really thought andM.I.talked about. One, he’s the only rapper in Nigeria that has successfully straddled the divide between rap and commercial success without going commercial. He’s as hardcore as they come. Two, he’s the only rapper who when he features an unknown artiste, the featured artiste goes on to become “big”. So, when next we about to start a discussion on how short M.I is, let’s remember that one, he already knows that ( go listen toShort Black Boy in Talk About It) and two, there are a whole other phenomenal things about M.I which we can talk about. Feel free to start from the ones here.


3. TIWA SAVAGE  + LOOKS
Y’all need to have a peep at this divas’ musical CV – caddem it. Someone correct me Tiwa Savage(with proof abeg) if I’m wrong, but it’s got to be the most impressive in the industry. Ok, I might have exaggerated a little but really, this Miss’s so on point with her music; the reason why we all know her in the first place, and she doesn’t even have an album out yet. Yet, my fellow Nigerians wouldn’t get past her face. And trust us, with our mouths that can’t carry a tune except in our showers, we let her know exactly how we felt. Haba! Let’s not get it twisted, we know her ‘cause of her music, and it’s beautiful in every sense of the word.

4. BANKY W  + HEAD
Man, have I pondered on why Banky decided to start appearing without his ‘taxi-driver-cap’ all of a sudden! I thought it was part of his image, you know, the way you Banky-Wwouldn’t catch Ne-Yo without a hat – he even has a line for hats only and felt it was only time before Banky towed that part. But alas, I can only guess as to everything Banky aside his music. I humbly suggest we all also quit commenting about Bankys’ head and concentrate on his music. If we must talk about the head, how about a discussion on the incredible brain behind the brilliant person who runs EME and hence, brought us a lot of musical delight.

5. TERRY G  + PERSONALITY
I can’t understand our issue with an artiste who claims Lil Wayne as his role model. Y’all seen Weezy recently, nicca looks crazy mehn but, so also is his music! As in, good crazy. So, Terry G is successful, I mean, he sings, produces, raps (well, attempts to Terry G*side eye*), runs a crew and yet we can’t seem to get beyond his shante shante; his own genre of music/personality/ideologue which he created. Apparently, that’s the way he wants it; to occupy our consciousness with his music and total image – total image especially for those who *are* not feeling his music. Who’s winning?


So there you have it. Y’all think I missed mentioning some artistes with issues that are constantly overblown totally unrelated to their music – please share with the house. And here’s a thought to the question I asked y’all earlier –I think it’s mostly the *”haters”* and also the press who dwell mainly and spread the irrelevant issues. Hence, the beauty of this wholeish is, the more these things get spoken about and reported, the more haters and reporters (tryna make a living of you) you’ve got. That, I’d say is quite a good measure of your success.
I’m gon be releasing the part two of this article (like Nigerian films, hehe) sometime soon.  This time though, we gon be speaking on ‘crosses’ that are more musically related. Thanks for reading and let me end with these words from Mo’ Cheddahs’ See Me So “…you see my mouth, they say it’s big I’m chopping money. You see my nose, they say it’s big I’m smelling money…”

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Speak up your mind
Tell us what you're thinking... !

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below...

Get This SpiceUpBlogging

IP